Operation Zhang Qian Alumni Network
“Operation Zhang Qian” Alumni Sharing Session on Digital Entertainment Industry (6 December 2019)
MSRS “Operation Zhang Qian” Alumni Held a Dialogue Session with Mr. Lai (28 November 2018)
MSRS “Operation Zhang Qian” Alumni Career Talk (23 January 2018)
Alumni Network Gathering (22 December 2016)
First Alumni Network Meeting (25 October 2016)
“Operation Zhang Qian” Alumni Network was formed with the vision of encouraging continued success from the internship programme in 2016. Maritime Silk Road Society (MSRS) believe that a close relationship between interns, companies, and MSRS can result in great boosts to interns’ future.
The Alumni Network is not only a community for mutual support and sharing, but also a platform for mentorship. The Board of Mentors is composed of professional elites possessing valuable information and experience for interns to learn from. Mentors will be assigned to each selected intern on a one-on-one basis, as they serve an advisory role on academic and career matters.
Interns who have successfully completed the “Operation Zhang Qian” internship programme will be enrolled as a member of the Alumni after application.
The Alumni Network is free to join and there is no membership fee system.
Maintain beneficial connections with fellow interns, sponsoring companies, and MSRS
Join exclusive networking events through MSRS’s contacts and its Youth Opportunities Committee
Participate in personal development activities such as seminars and workshops by MSRS
Mentorship Scheme Information
- The mentorship period is one year
- The places for mentees are limited; selection method to be announced later
- The mentorship pairing process is done by MSRS in consideration of mentee’s attributes and industry preference, but a perfect match is not guaranteed
- Appeals to switch mentor will only be entertained shall two pairs of mentee-mentor agree to swap positions
- Trust and respect are the key elements in the mentorship experience
- Upon the first mentorship meeting, the mentee is expected to form a mutual agreement on the mode and intervals of contact with mentor. The mentor and mentee are recommended to meet on a regular basis, e.g. quarterly
- It is a great idea to set out personal goals to be accomplished by the end of mentorship for both the mentee and mentor to follow through
- In case of difficulties, mentees and mentors are welcome to contact MSRS at 21119262 for assistance