The 3rd Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Underwater Heritage
The 3rd Asia Pacific Conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage (APCONF) will be held in Hong Kong at the Hong Kong Maritime Museum from 27 November to 2 December 2017. This year's theme is “The Maritime Cultural Landscapes and Seascapes of Asia-Pacific: Voyaging, Migration, Colonisation, Trade, and Cross-Cultural Contacts”. Over 150 archaeologists, historians, legal and conservation experts from world-renowned research institutions will be attending. A wide range of people are encouraged to attend including those from universities and other educational institutions, including secondary schools, government agencies, museums, NGOs, IGOs, the private sector and in particular members of the general public.
The following are the sub-themes of this year's Conference:
- A Highway and a Crossroads: Voyaging, Colonisation and Cross-Cultural Contacts in Asia-Pacific
- Maritime Cultural Landscapes and Seascapes: Interdisciplinary Approaches
- UCH in Asia-Pacific: Regional Studies and Projects
- UCH Politics, Law, Ethics and Values
- Museums, Public Outreach and Conservation
- Technological Approaches to Underwater Cultural Heritage and Maritime Archaeology
- Nautical Technology in Asia-Pacific
MSRS is a supporting organization of the event. More information on the Conference are available at http://www.apconf.org/. Should you be interested in attending the Conference, please register at http://bit.ly/2wI2oBe. Early Bird fees are available until 30 September.